Wednesday, March 3, 2010

3 months old!

Olive is three months today! I cannot believe how time flies, and can't believe I have to go back to work next week. I am really going to miss my kiddos and am really going to be tired. An update on Olive: she has slept more than four hours in a row twice. The first night we got home from the hospital we both passed out and slept for 7 hours before I woke up and remembered I was supposed to wake her up to feed her. Two weeks ago she slept from 9:30 to 4:45 straight! I was hoping it was a sign of things to come. Not so...ever since then she has been sleeping for about 3 1/2 hours when I first put her to bed and then about 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours after that until 7:30 when she decides she can't stay in the bed any longer. Just this morning she woke up at 4:45 and wouldn't go back to sleep, so I laid her in her bassinet where she coo'd and blew raspberries at herself for almost an hour before getting fussy...too bad I can't sleep through that! She naps really well, which is great. I don't think Logan took a nap where someone wasn't holding him until he was close to 6 months. I have yet to hear her giggle at me, although she smiles, coos and squeals all of the time! She loves her big brother and daddy and can out scream/cry any baby I have heard. At first I thought she was a really easy going baby, now I think maybe she cries more than Logan did (which was A LOT.) But that probably has something to do with the fact that I can't soothe her right away when she is upset...I have to tend to Logan too. At her two month check up she weighed in at 11 lbs 4 oz and 23 inches. For comparison Logan was 11 lbs 4 oz and 24 inches at his two month check up.
And here is Logan before we went to the zoo today!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Olive, 3 months
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free slideshow generated with Smilebox

Posted by Picasa

No comments: