Monday, January 24, 2011

Chicken Pox!

Logan and Olive have both been sick the past few days with a fever.   This morning, Logan woke up with a rash on his face...just a few pimple looking things.   I honestly thought they were just pimples from all of the lotion and petroleum jelly I have been rubbing on his face/nose to keep him from chaffing due to all of the nose blowing!   Well, I decided to take the the kids in to the Dr. because I wasn't sure what Olive had.  She just had a fever with no other symptoms.    And the diagnosis is....Chicken Pox for Logan and Strep throat for Olive and mommy!   The chicken pox are so rare these days that the Dr. was very surprised to see them.  Logan has been vaccinated for the chicken pox, but apparently even with the vaccine, it is possible to get them anyway, however it is usually a very mild case.   Logan has been such a good boy and really hasn't complained much, he really is a tough guy.  And Olive is tolerating her antibiotics well, which is always a concern since we have allergies in the family.   I can't remember the last time I had strep throat...I think it was in the 2nd grade right before I had my tonsils out.    It is horrible!  I feel so bad for my kids now, I have been so sick even my skin hurts to the touch!   I can't believe that such a common infection could make someone feel so bad.  I guess I thought that strep throat was just a bad sore throat!

No comments: