Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Axl is Three Months!

Well, my newborn baby boy is no longer a newborn anymore.  Three months always seems like such a big milestone for me (and my babies).  It is like they finally wake up and become more aware of the world around them.  The fussing and crying decreases significantly and the smiles and giggles become more abundant and not so much work to elicit.

I cherish every moment I get to spend with my baby boy and even though I have done the baby thing twice before I am still so much in awe over the things the baby does.  I love when he wakes in the middle of the night to eat because I feel like that is our only time we get to spend where we don't have the distractions of everything else going on.  I love to marvel at his little limp limbs as he quietly nurses and I often remove his socks and rub his soft little feet that have yet to be hardened from running and walking every where.   I love how during his night feedings he slowly rubs my face with his soft hands and then he quietly drifts off to sleep and I get to feel his sweet baby breath on my face as he dozes.   I never got to experience these quiet moments with Logan and Olive because they both were able to nurse while laying down and so I just slept while they ate.  It makes it easy to enjoy this time with Axl because he only wakes once a night to feed.

During the day I love to watch Axl try to bat at toys, suck his fingers and watch (for seemingly hours) as he studies his hands and feet.  He talks so much and loves to watch and laugh at his big brother and sister.  It is so great that he is laughing now as they try to entertain him because it encourages them to continue! We call him "Mr. Serious" because when he isn't laughing, smiling or talking he has such a serious look on his face.

Axl has sleep through the night four times now, which is great, but I prefer he wake once to eat because I worry about him gaining adequately given he had such a hard time gaining in the beginning.




I love every minute with my baby and with Logan and Olive and am so grateful I have had the opportunity to spend so much time away from work to enjoy my babes!

2 comments:

Erika said...

You must be catching up on posts, or I am completely overlooking them! Lately when I check your site there is a new one that I didn't even see before. I really like reading them so I am happy to find new ones when I come back!

Maria said...

Erika, I am catching up and I can change the "published date" so I try to get them in order...you are right, they were not there before.