Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Mobility

With each one of my babies I have looked forward to the day they learned how to crawl.   I always thought that with new found mobility I would find myself with a little more freedom.   In my naive mind I thought that if I could put my baby down on the floor (and trust that they wouldn't fall over backwards) then I could get a lot more done with my free hands.   In my mind, I could also walk away to do something and if my baby needed me, then they could just follow me.   Simple, right?   Not so, in fact my experience has been just the opposite, as I am sure it is for most parents.   When my babies need me they don't crawl after me, instead they sit in one place immobilized and crying.  When my babies don't need me, rather than peacefully playing with the safe, age appropriate toy I have provided for them they instead go exploring.   And, in the case of Axl, he goes exploring all of the places that are beyond dangerous.   This boy is persistent, more so than Logan and Olive were.  He LOVES to play with nightlights, the DVD player, the TV and the TOILET.  I have never had a baby who liked the toilet before.

I remember the day that each of my babies started crawling because it was such a big milestone for me.   Logan started crawling on January 14, 2009.   Olive started crawling on August 3, 2010 and Axl started crawling on October 7, 2012.  I have no pictures for this blog because Scott has stolen my computer and I am forced to work on his Mac, perhaps someday I will come back and update with pictures.


1 comment:

Erika said...

Axl sounds a lot like Ethan when he was that age, although, Ethan didn't find his way to the toilet. Too funny! Glad you got some updates posted. Love you guys!