Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Birds!


I guess in the desert south west water is hard to come by. Especially when you are a bird and live in the foot hills. Our lawn sprinklers come on every morning at 8:00 am, and every morning at about 7:57 am all of the birds in Placitas gather on our fence to wait for the water. Once the water comes on they fly down to the grass and surrounding dirt to take a bath and a drink I guess. I got a picture of about 1/3 of them. The others were on the other side of the lawn and I kept scaring them away. I think on a quiet morning there must be at least 100 birds on our lawn. They are mostly blue birds, but we get a few red robins too!

The dogs love the birds too. They love to quietly sneak out the dog door and then "hunt" the birds. Once they get too close, the birds fly away and then the dogs come back inside to do it all over again.

No comments: