Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Olive

My sweet Olive turned three on Monday!  I cannot believe three years have gone by since the day she graced us with her presence!   And while she just now turned three, it seems like she has been three forever. She is so busy keeping up with her big brother, I think she skipped the two's altogether.   Olive was a wonderful two year old, I don't think she ever threw a "two year old tantrum" (come to think of it, neither did Logan), so we will see what the three's have in store for us.  

We moved Olive out of her crib on Sunday night and moved her into a big girl bed.  She loves her bed and her new found freedom.  She comes out of her room several times before falling asleep for random things such as "more guys" (stuffed animals) to blow her nose or go potty.  She even came out in the middle of the night once to go potty even though she is still in pull-ups during the night.  I love having her in her big girl bed because instead of not being able to reach her due to the crib bars, I can actually smother her with kisses when I go in the room to check on her.   She looks so small in her big girl bed too.

Olive really is a sweet girl.  She loves to take care of her baby dolls, her baby brother and loves to be held and cuddled (for a minute or two anyway).   She LOVES to talk, but what girl doesn't right?  She also loves to sing and loves it when Mommy and Daddy dance with her.   She is overall just a great, fun girl and I am so blessed to have her as my daughter!

Happy birthday Olive!

1 comment:

Erika said...

I cannot believe she is already three! The twos really weren't that terrible for us either. I think the hard part comes when they get older...