Thursday, January 15, 2009

Good to be back!

I just finished reading the Twilight Series. I read the first book in 3 days, the second and third in 24 hours each and the last in about 36 hours. Whew! That is a lot of reading when you have a full-time job, a husband who works out of town most days and an 8 month old to take care. I am sure my husband, baby, dogs and house are happy to have me back. Who knew a grown adult could be so obsessed over a series of books about a teen-age girl who falls in love with a vampire! How embarrassing! Oh well. I just need to see the movie and then I feel like I will be ready to move on with my life. I might miss my new friends Edward and Bella though, although I am glad to finally know how their story ends! I might actually get some sleep too, not only was I staying up late to read I also spend most nights tossing and turning wondering about human-vampire relationships. Any body know of any good books I can get obsessed about now?

2 comments:

Rachael said...

i am so glad you read them!! i am a huge edward fan. ahhhhh! You will have to tell me what you think of the movie!!

Ruth said...

Hey, I didn't read your post about the movie because I haven't seen it yet. But I want to know which book you liked best?

Also, have you ever read any of the books by Shannon Hale? Goose Girl, Princess Academy, and Book of a Thousand Days are among my favorites. Or if you don't like juvenile fiction, then I would recommend reading books by Jeanne Ray (Step-Ball-Change and Eat Cake are great). And if you like biographies/memoirs, I can give you a whole list of good books to read! Whew, that was probably more information than you wanted. :)

Oh, p.s. I'm Scott's cousin, Rachael's older sister (in case you forgot)