Wednesday, September 17, 2008

the "Gummy" Smile

So, two Saturdays ago (September 6th) as Logan was gnawing on my hand like he always does, I felt a little ridge...something sharp. It was evidence that his first tooth was finally going to poke through. It finally did, and not only does he have one tooth, he now has two. Both are on the bottom and they are coming in quick. It might still take a while until they are all the way up, but you can actually see them now when he smiles. It is pretty cute, but I will miss the gummy smile and it is just proof that my baby boy is growing up. Everyone tells you as a new parent to enjoy every moment because they go by so fast. Sometimes in the beginning after countless sleepless nights, it doesn't seem to go by fast enough, however seeing Logan's first tooth (or teeth) has really hit home for me! I guess I knew he would grow up, I thought I would take a lot more pleasure in all of his milestones (and I do), but it really makes me think about how soon he will be a toddler and talking back to me or a teenager and wanting nothing to do with me. I guess by then I will be prepared to deal with it. But as my mother always tells me, I guess I will tell Logan..."You will always be My baby."
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Melanni said...

I loved this post-how sweet! They do grow up so fast. I'm always amazed when I watch home videos of Kasen when he was younger how fast it's gone by.

Natalie said...

They do grow so fast, but it is so exciting to go through all those experiences and fun milestones. Well we are going private so if you would still like to see our blog (all you have to do is enter your email and password) just email me your email.
nataliehowe75@hotmail.com